Thursday, July 23, 2009

Epilation question?

I am new to epilating, and have been doing my bikini area (not anywhere really sensitive as OUCH!). Anway, I am finding that after epilating I have red bumps. and also that although I have epilated and there is no hair there, my pores are still visible so it doesnt look right.



I was wondering if anyone has any advice? I have been using a scrubby thing in the shower to try and get rid of dead skin (as I have had a few ingrown hairs that I have had to get out, leaving sores!!) but dont know what else to do.. it has been a day since I have epilated and alot of the red bumps are still there.



I just cant get a break! how embarrassing would it be if someone was to see me naked right now!! HELP!



Epilation question?

This is similar to a question asked a few days ago, so here's what I posted then:



When I first started epilating I seemed to be prone to ingrown hairs too. After a while they appeared less often. Keep up with your exfoliating, every day. It does help. Maybe it's just something your skin has to get use to, like mine did.



It seemed to help if I took a warm bath or shower before epilating, so my skin was warm and relaxed. Also, clean the head of your epilator with rubbing alcohol before each use. Any skin irritation that reslts from epilating is less likely to get infected (red and sore). Applying body lotion afterwards seems to soothe the skin as well. Epilating before you go to bed will allow your skin to recover while your sleep.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment