Thursday, July 23, 2009

Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'

It was tender, maybe a pimple or ingrown hair. I tried squeezing it like a pimple, but couldn't break the skin. I got dressed, didn't feel any irritation from it through the day as I moved around, though I was in loose pants.



I just inspected it again. It was only painful when I touched or handled it. I still couldn't pop it, was painful when I tried. Thinking it was a blood blister, I used a safety pin to pop it. When I squeezed, blood did come out. It looked like it was only blood. But I can't think of any pinch or hard contact in that area that would cause a blood blister. No hair appeared to come from it, either. I was not able to drain all the blood and a slight reddish-purplish bump remains.



Could this could be a herpes blister? I have no other symptoms: painful urination, genital tingling/burning, fever/flulike feeling, but it's similar what I've read.



The last time I had sex was sixteen days ago and, unfortunately, it was was with someone I didn't know very well.



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

sounds more like just a clogged duct . . . over many years I have experienced three of them and they are nothing to worry about . . . however, if it does not clear up and you have burning, itching, oozing, etc, have your gynecologist look at it to determine if it is anything else . . . good luck (ps, you may have drainage from it for more than a day so don't get worried)



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

I'm sorry to hear this but my advice to you is go to a Doctor it's better to be safe than sorry and you should be more careful with who you sleep with because now and days you can't really trust anyone. Good luck.



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

It depends on what labia you are talking about. If you are talking about the labia majora (outer lips) then I doubt it is herpes because herpes usually isn't in areas where there is hair. Labia minora (inner lips) then maybe. If your only exposure was 16 days ago its too early for a blood test to tell. If it bothers you , I would go get a herpes select blood test in 3 months. By then it would show positive.



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

No, you don't have herpes. You probably have a blocked follicle, even though you did not see a hair there. Don't squeeze or mess with it anymore. Apply an antibiotic like neosporine and keep an eye on it for a few weeks. If it's still there, go have it checked out. It could be a genital wort, but just give it a while to make sure. No s*x until you're sure.



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

Check in with a doctor. It could be a herpes lesion, but syphillis is possible too. One of the first signs of syphillis infection is a non-painful sore near the site of infection.



The sooner you get checked by a doc, the sooner you can get treatment. Syphillis is completely curable if caught early.



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

Only a doctor can tell you what it is. You have fluid ducts on your inner labia. It's common for them to get clogged up and have the same symptoms that you described. It's already happened to me twice and trust me they do hurt! If you used a condom with this person it GREATLY reduces you from catching something. It's not 100% so get it checked out by your doctor to give you peace of mind.



Herpes? This morning, I noticed a large-ish red bump on my left labia. It was the first time I'd noticed it.

Hi, I did some research for you! You may have herpes type two. You said that you had sex sixteen days ago, studies show that you can develop herpes within two to twelve days after explosure! Here's my advise reaserch herpes ll and see if you agree with me! Ask your doctor about it and what he thinks. Get tested! Because if its not herpes or any other non-cureble disease, then it can be treated right away so don't procrastanate!



Also look at some herpes ll pictures and see if your sore looks exactlly like the one in the pictures! Just a thought.



WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF HERPES ll?



Typically, the first signs of herpes II is a cluster of blister-like lesions in the genital area (head of penis,labia, anus, cervix) which spread and merge, break and crust over within four to 15 days. The fluid fromthese itching, painful sores is highly infectious. Other frequent symptoms are painful urination, urethral orvaginal discharge and swollen lymph nodes. The first exposure or primary episode consists of headache,fever, chills and muscular weakness. Recurrent episodes are less severe and are limited to the affected



area.



HOW SOON DO THE SYPTOMS APPEAR?



Some studies have shown that from one-half to two-thirds of people infected with the virus will have no symptoms. But, if they appear, local symptoms may be seen from two to 12 days after exposure.



When and for HOW LONG is a person able to spread herpes II?



People are most likely to transmit the virus when the lesions are evident. There is evidence, however, that the virus may be shed even when no symptoms of a recurrent episode are present.



What is the TREATMENT for herpes II?



Acyclovir, used orally, intravenously or topically, has been shown to reduce the shedding of herpes II virus, diminish pain and speed the healing of primary herpes lesions. In the oral form, this treatment also appears to shorten the duration of both primary and recurrent episodes.



BLOOD TEST



Blood Test



Blood tests have markedly improved the physicians' ability to properly counsel both patients and their partners. Herpes blood tests measure the body's immune response against the virus. Without infection there is no specific reaction to the virus. However, shortly after true viral infection the body responds to fight the infection. The herpes blood test measures the body's antibodies to herpes, the body's response to infection. A positive blood test indicates there are antibodies present, therefore viral infection has occurred; a negative test indicates antibodies are non棰卐xistent. All herpes antibody tests do essentially the same thing. They do not directly measure virus but the body's reaction to the virus. To look directly for virus, one must test a sore containing virus and grow the virus in the laboratory. This has the advantage of determining the virus and its type.



THE WESTERN BLOT TEST:The Western Blot test is so specific that, as far as we can tell, there is virtually no chance for error of the type that shows a positive antibody to herpes simplex virus type 2 where none exists. On the other hand, there is always a small possibility that an antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 2 that is really present will go undetected by this method. This could happen in the case of a person who has not had time to make a good antibody response yet. In some cases, antibody may take as much as twelve or sixteen weeks to develop, especially if the primary infection was treated with an effective medication. In some rare cases, a person with culture proven, long-lasting, herpes type 2 of the recurrent variety will still have a negative Western blot after the sixteen weeks 棰呴棰?presumably because they just do not make enough of the necessary antibody for detection. This probably occurs less than 1 percent of the time.



The Western Blot is very, very sensitive 棰呴棰?probably 99 percent sensitive. It is also very accurate, with virtually no false positives (incorrect positive results). If a person is tested more than twelve or sixteen weeks after the possible exposure, and if the test is negative, and if the possible exposure was to type 2 herpes simplex virus, then it is very likely that bona fide infection did not take place. However, no test is absolutely without fault and this test, like all tests, should be interpreted by you and your physician, in the seeing of the clinical information, so that everyone understands all of the subtle details.

No comments:

Post a Comment