Saturday, July 25, 2009

I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

I exfoliate, and it still doesn't help with moisturizing body wash. Wax creams like Nair or others burn my legs with this stinging pain. There used to be medication Rx but they took it off the shelves. Any other suggestions? I don't wear shorts due to my horrible legs : - (....



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

I would see a dermatoligist. It sounds like you may have foliculitus--the infecting of ingrown hairs. The doctor can prescribe medication and ointments that could help. Good luck. I have that problem, mostly in summer and that is what I did to deal with it. I don't know if there is any permanent cure.



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

1) shave....



2) laser treatment....



3) good luck!



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

Try shaving in the same direction the hair grows (if you're not already). It wont be as close of a shave but it should reduce ingrown hairs.



If you already do this then you can freely ignore my rather inept advice. ;)



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

I'm afraid to say it but only waxing and creams like nair will help with this problem. Unless you wanted to use laser removal.



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

i went to the dermatologists for a similar reason and it turns out i have something called folliculitis, you may have the same thing. the doctor prescribed me a antibiotic lotion and oral medications as well and it went away, i only do that when it flares up though. to help prevent it i shave with an antimicrobial soap to help and also it seems to get worse with certain types of razors ( mainly the Venus ones so i went down to one with only 2 blades). i also bought some tea tree oil (it is suppose to help and they sell the straight oil at Bath and Body Works) and mix it with some plain lubriderm lotion and apply it after you shave, it really seems to help me out, hope i helped you



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

Do the ingrown hairs appear as tiny little skin-colored bumps, rather than inflamed red bumps? If so, it may be a skin condition. I don't remember the name of it, but it may be something that there isn't much help for. Either way, one thing you could try is changing your method of exfoliating. Try a very gentle scrub that has smooth beads in it, especially right before shaving. Or, try Trader Joe's scrub made of almond oil and sugar. Also, try soaking in the bath for 20 minutes before exfoliating and/or shaving - this softens the hairs. Can you afford a dermatologist? Maybe they could help.



I get ingrown hairs on my legs ...help!?

shaving and hair removing stuff you might have tried already



Try ULTRA HAIR AWAY, by Bermed. It does not work on the basis of traditonal depilatory cream. After cleaning your hair, you need to apply it twice a day for a week, then once a day till you get the result. after that you can use it twice a month, for maintainance purpose. A permanent solution for unwnted hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment