Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bikini Waxing...?

So i'm considereing getting my Fun Zone waxed for the very first time. I'm a little weirded out by having a stranger pouring hot wax on such a private area and then ripping out all the hair but i don't think a home kit is the way to go. Here are my questions...



1. What should i look for in a salon to do this?



2. How much does this usually cost?



3. How bad is this gonna hurt...really?



4. Are ingrown hairs a problem when it starts coming back?



5. How long will a wax last vs. shaving?



6. Binki wax vs. brazillian...?



Thanks everyone! feel free to add in your own experiences too!



Bikini Waxing...?

Once you have it waxed, you probably will never go back to "natural". First, chose a good, clean, reputable salon. If you go in and you're not comfortable, get out. Unfortunately they are usually the higher end salons, too. The cost will depend upon where you live and whether you get just the bikini or Brazillian. I say if you're going to do it, go all the way with Brazillian. In my area, biniki waxes start in the range of $30 and a good Brazillian will start at around $65 and go up from there. They don't just "pour wax" over you, so don't be afraid. They can use pre-waxed strips, or use a very warm wax or honey based natural product. If you trim things back a bit before going in, it will lessen the pain, but I'm not going to lie, it has a good sting to it, but a good salon will use a calming oil right afterwards that will sooth the skin and lessen any pain. I have never had ingrown hairs as a problem and a good waxing will last around 4 weeks vs. about 2 days shaving. There's nothing attractive or romantic about razor stubble around your playground. A bikini wax will clean things up around the thigh area and down the Happy Trail, if needed. A Brazillian takes care of everything. I have shaved and waxed and I had much more discomfort with shaving. Even with a new razor (made for the bikini area) I still had razor burn that lasted a week and stubble started the next morning. Invest in a good waxing...if you're not real comfortable with the whole Brazillian, start with the bikini and work your way up. You'll be happy you did (and so will your partner =)



Bikini Waxing...?

1.good reputation and high standards 2. 50-60$ (variable, can be checked) 3. not unbearable pain, temporary, worthwhile 4.no 5.3-4 Weeks 6. you might try bikini waxing first



Bikini Waxing...?

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!



Bikini Waxing...?

Cleanliness is key - ask around...you may find yourself surprised by who has done this.



Mine costs about $58 and I always tip well in addition to that.



It will not be the most pleasant experience, especially not the first couple of times...but pop an advil about an hour before going and it should alleviate some (and too, different times of the month different levels of sensation...and don't do it when Aunt Flow comes for a visit...of course that should be common sense).



Ingrown hairs not nearly as much of a problem as when shaving or using nair.



Definitely lasts a lot longer than shaving (I have to shave my legs daily the hair grows so fast.



And I always go for the full Brazilian...i do it for me and my boyfriend.



I always make sure to shower right before going to be at my freshest (and watch what I eat as well).



Bikini Waxing...?

My God it's Hell being a woman! All us guys worry about is a little ear or nostril hair,possibly a rogue eyebrow hair every now and then.



Bikini Waxing...?

Definietly a Wax Salon And make sure that the wax salon uses green wax in which they wouldnt have to use yellow wax with the strips which really hurts



I perfer Full bikini wax "everything"



Its all in your head if u say its gonna hurt it will hurt



For ingrown hairs to not occur always when showering Exfoliate very inmportant for ingrown hairs to not occur



A wax can last up to a week 1/2 hairless by the month u should be able to do it again and you will get use to it



Bikini Waxing...?

Hi, I had my first one last July, to go to Hawaii. Let's say it really hurts, but it is worth it. I work in a salon and have a friend who does waxing, still I was embarrassed. You could see if a friend of yours recommends someone, or how about where you get your hair done?



They should use several spatulas to apply the wax, and not use the same spatula after it comes into contact with your skin. Take a look around and make sure the license is posted.



There were no ingrown hairs, like when I shave. The wax lasted 3 weeks of completely hair free. I loved it. I did get the brazilian because in a swim suit I did not want anything hanging out. I am back to shaving, but I will use if for special occasions. It is a little red a first then it all went away. So I think you should give it a try, but it did hurt more than I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment