Thursday, July 23, 2009

I have a lump under my armpit.?

I am a male 18 years of age and I found a lump under my armpit. Its under the skin and it is NOT painful what so ever. I know its not from an ingrown hair or a skin problem because those are usually outside the skin and irritated and usually red. I think there is a good chance it is cancer. I would like to get some feed back preferably from a doctor but if you have any experience with this please give me your input I would really appreciate it. Dont try and be nice tell me straight up if you think there is a good chance its cancer.



I have a lump under my armpit.?

It may be a swollen lymph node, some of them are located under the arm.....they may be swollen due to infection, or even a virus (such as mononucleosis). You know how sometimes when people have strep throat, etc, the lymph gland become swollen in the neck area.....same reasoning. Sometimes they are a symptom of a more serious problem. Best to get the dr to check, they may want to do blood work



I have a lump under my armpit.?

lipoma which is benign condition is most likely the diagnosis especially at your age other possibilities are lymph node enlargement , being it is in u r armpit u/s and biopsy after medical assessment by a surgeon is advised



I have a lump under my armpit.?

Umm if it is a large palpable lump maybe not because cancer groes more slowly. It could be a fat deposit or something like that. If it is small, hard, non mobile, and does not really hurt when you move it, I would get it checked out ASAP. Being 18, theres a stigma associated with ones body and anything wrong with it for fear it could be something bad. GO GET IT CHECKED OUT BY A PHYSICIAN. There is only one way to know if something is cancerous without making an educated guess; and that is through a biopsy!! so relax and get it looked at.



I am a RN.



I have a lump under my armpit.?

Hi, When I was 16 I discovered a lump under my armpit too, as you describe. I went to the doctor and it is just a gland. I am now 37 and it is still there. Every few years I get it checked. Go to the doctor for sure because you should always make sure it isn't anything serious and in my case it put my mind at ease.



I have a lump under my armpit.?

See a doctor. That's all anyone is going to tell you.



It is okay for all of us here to speculate on what it is, but only a doctor can tell you for sure.



I have a lump under my armpit.?

I get those occasionally, and it is most likely a swollen lymph node. The underarm has a bumper crop of them, as it attaches to the major vessels in the lymphatic system.



Swollen lymph nodes basically mean the body is chewing on something somewhere in the body.... inflammation, an infection, a virus, stress, an allergy, or in some instances, cancer.



They are not purely indicative of one thing or another by themselves... they have to be taken in context with other symptoms, or lack of.



They may take up to 2 weeks to go down on their own, but do see a doctor if you are worried.



I have a lump under my armpit.?

Your age makes it very improbable that this mass is cancer. Given you are 18, it is more likely a case of hidradenitis suppurativa, which is a condition affecting the apocrine (sweat) glands in the axilla (armpit). Did you recently change deodorants (for example)? I would recommend an ultrasound of the mass, then, given the findings, a fine needle biopsy, if your doc is still concerned. The other differentials already listed (lymph node, lipoma, etc) are also likely, although lipomas are not typically palpable in the axilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment