Monday, July 20, 2009

TMI Warning: 5 weeks pregnant and itchy down below?

Im about 5 weeks pregnant. Ive noticed in the past week that Im itchier all over because my skin seems drier. My back is killing me its so itchy. But I also noticed that my pubic hair area is itchy. Its not in the genitals, its not a yeast infection. But it feels like I just had a bikini wax and its growing in with avengance, and I have an ingrown hair. (Ladies, we all know what that feels like!)



Is this normal? Is this due to the growing hormones in my body and increased blood flow in my pelvic area? Or is this just a need for extra lotion or an oatmeal bath or something? Its quite aggravating.



TMI Warning: 5 weeks pregnant and itchy down below?

When you are pregnant, your hormones are all over the place. Hormones can effect every body system, including your skin. Get a good moisturizing lotion and slather it on. Make sure you don't use one with too much fragrance because it can cause you to break out more. If the itching becomes worse, make sure to let your doctor/midwife know....it could indicate a thyroid problem



TMI Warning: 5 weeks pregnant and itchy down below?

streching makes u ichy that is probably y



TMI Warning: 5 weeks pregnant and itchy down below?

you need to use some cocoa butter hon it'll stop the itching. its just the hormones at this stage since you aren't quite stretching..however if the itching is really unberable you can talk to you dr and she'll do a blood test for something i cant remember the name but it has to do with your liver during pregnancy...they tested me for it but it was negative...good luck



TMI Warning: 5 weeks pregnant and itchy down below?

I have noticed this too! I had my hubby itching my back for like a half hour last night because it wouldn't stop itching! I also have the itchiness in the other area you mentioned, but I don't ask him to itch that! lol



It is probably from all of the hormonal changes our bodies are going through. Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment